Tuesday, March 9, 2010

According to them


It's been too long since I wrote something here. How long was it? I guess I've been to a lot of different things lately. Well I just wanted to share another thought of mine. So here it goes...

If somebody tells you your ugly, are you really not affected?
At all?
Even a tiny bit?
That you can say you are beautiful no matter what they say?
I mean, really?
What they say doesn't count?
That it doesn't matter?
But why is it that we lined up all the time to all those beauty shops to buy all "beauty products"?
Because deep inside we want to look good in the outside, to be told, "you look good" or "you're pretty" don't we?
Beauty is relative but it's also relevant--come to think of it, being beautiful in the outside gives you an edge.
People look at you-once, then twice and then again, when you cross the streets.
You are scheduled for an interview based on the picture on your resume.
So yeah, when somebody tells you your ugly--it means you are!
And until you really do something about it (your ugliness, I mean) they'll rub in how ugly you are, over and over until you can't say "it doesn't matter " anymore.
So, are you really sure you don't get affected when someone comments about your looks?
I do.


No comments:

Post a Comment